Saturday, June 2, 2012

Downsizing

Downsizing

I sold my house last fall and moved to an apartment. Needless to say it was a huge downsize. Going from a three floor home to a two bedroom was a huge job. But it has felt really good to get cleaned out. Everyone told me I would be happy but it was hard to do all the work. I didn't have to buy any new furniture, just get rid of some and store the rest in the basement. I am lucky to have storage and not to have to get a storage unit. I had heard too many horror stories about storage units. I did get a new sofa to update my look but the rug here and coffee table were from the old house and still look great. The hardest part was all my art, my own and others that I own from my brother and other artists including Minneapolis' and Montclair's own Tom Nussbaum. I also have a small collection of oils from an old seaman from Brooklyn that came from my father. They are realistic but fit in well with all the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment